Ferris Bueller's Day Off
By Dom Sinacola· May 20, 2013
A Matt Lib works in the same way a Mad Lib does, only it involves a Matt.
Print this out or write directly onto your computer monitor. Fill out the spaces below and then fit your answers into the corresponding lines in the following script involving Matt Broderick, thereby completing his adventure.
This opening monologue is from the movie Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. FERRIS BUELLER (Matt Broderick) is a popular and confident high school student who lives in a suburb of Chicago. He has just convinced his parents he is sick, thereby affording him a day off from school. It is a beautiful Spring day outside, and FERRIS would prefer to enjoy it in the Big City than within the confines of his learning institution. As we begin, FERRIS’s parents have just left for work, leaving FERRIS alone, in bed, shades drawn.
1. VERB, PRESENT TENSE, PERFORM WITH OR FROM ONE’S STOMACH ___________________
2. VERB, PAST TENSE, TRANSACTIONAL ___________________
3. SOMETHING AN ITALIAN PERSON WOULD EXCLAIM ___________________
4. NOUN ___________________
5. AMOUNT OF TIMES YOU’VE PRACTICED MAKING OUT WITH A PILLOW ___________________
6. TYPE OF CUPCAKE, PLURAL ___________________
7. NUMBER THAT COMES AFTER THE AMOUNT OF TIMES YOU’VE PRACTICED MAKING OUT WITH A PILLOW ___________________
8. CUPCAKE TOPPING ___________________
9. ADJECTIVE, HOW ONE WOULD DESCRIBE A BATHROOM FLOOR ___________________
10. FARM ANIMAL ___________________
11. ADJECTIVE THAT SOUNDS SIMILAR TO (9), PEJORATIVE ___________________
12. GENUINE EMOTION FOR ANOTHER HUMAN BEING ___________________
13. VERB, WITH DIAPER ___________________
14. ADJECTIVE, RELATED TO THE COLOR OF YOUR SOCK ___________________
(FERRIS (1)__________ up suddenly in bed.)
FERRIS: They (2)__________ it. (3)__________! One of the worst performances of my (4)__________ and they never doubted it for a second. How could I possibly be expected to handle school on a day like this? This is my (5)__________ sick day this semester. It’s getting pretty tough coming up with new (6)__________. If I go for (7)__________, I’m probably gonna have to barf up a (8)__________, so I’d better make this one count. The key to faking out the parents is the (9)__________ hands. It’s a good non-specific symptom. I’m a big (10)__________. A lot of people will tell you that a good phony fever is a dead lock, but, uh, you get a (11)__________ mother, you could wind up in a doctor’s office. That’s worse than school. You fake a (12)__________, and when you’re bent over, moaning and wailing, you (13)__________ your palms. It’s a little childish and (14)__________, but then, so is high school.
15. YOUR UNCLE ___________________
16. YOUR MOM ___________________
17. A TYPE OF DOCTOR ___________________
18. A TYPE OF PRIMATE ___________________
19. KIND OF CLOTHING INAPPROPRIATE FOR A YOUNG MAN HIS AGE ___________________
20. BELOVED WHITE POWER BALLAD ___________________
21. RANDOM WORD, RELATED TO (16) + “ISM” ___________________
22. ORGAN ___________________
23. AN INEXPENSIVE CELL PHONE PLAN ___________________
24. SOMETHING ONE YELLS OUT THE WINDOW TO AN OLD LADY, PEJORATIVE ___________________
25. ANOTHER WORD FOR “BUTT” ___________________
FERRIS: (15)__________ moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it. I do have a test today, that wasn’t bullshit. It’s on (16)__________. I mean really, what’s the point. I’m not (17)__________, I don’t plan on being (18)__________, so who gives a crap if they’re socialists. They could be fascist anarchists and it still wouldn’t change the fact that I don’t own a (19)__________.
(FERRIS, naked, sings (20)__________ in the shower)
It’s not that I condone (21)__________ or any “ism” for that matter. “Isms,” in my (22)__________, are not good. A person should not believe in an “ism,” he should believe in (23)__________. I quote John Lennon: “(24)__________“ A good point there. After all, he was the (25)__________. I could be the (25)__________, I’d still have to bum rides off of people.